SUGAR had an exciting August Barkday month. Our friends from Hyundai provided her a Ruby Wine 2016 Tucson Limited for a Barkday weekend of fun in San Diego. The 2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited is considered a crossover sport utility vehicle (CUV).
Hyundai provided Golden Woofs a 2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited to test drive in exchange for sharing experience about the vehicle. Golden Woofs only shares information we feel is relevant and useful to our readers.
5 Things You May Consider About Dog Friendly Hyundai Tucson
1. Styling – The 2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited has an upscale feel. For dogs moms, this CUV does not have an overwhelming ‘manly’ exterior look. The “Ruby Wine” color states its feminity. Love how the roof slopes, it’s sleek.
2. Interior Comfort & Space – This CUV is spacious and can accommodate a large dog breed. It provided enough headroom for SUGAR. The wide back seat provided SUGAR a relaxing car ride. She enjoyed the panoramic sunroof! One luxury features included a leather-wrapped steering wheel which made our driving experience more enjoyable.
3. Fuel Economy – It’s amazing, we drove close to 200 miles (round trips to – Orange County to Los Angeles and Orange County to San Diego) without having to fill up the tank.
Hyundai Tuscon Embodies Athletic Design and Advanced Technology
4. Safety – The 2016 Hyundai Tucson has earned top-notch crash-test scores which include a 5-star safety frontal crash, side crash or rollover risk from NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).
Other safety features include an assortment of airbags and stability control, plus a rearview camera, a driver-side blind-spot mirror, and a lane-change assist function. It also has a lane-departure warning system which we found a bit sensitive.
Buckle Up Your Dog!
Sleepypod keeps SUGAR safe when traveling. Sleepypod’s Clickit Sport dog safety harness has earned a five-star crash test rating; the highest rating by the Center for Pet Safety (CPS) in its Harness Certification Program.
5. Driving Experience – The long smooth drive made SUGAR sleep. The leather seat definitely provided extra comfort. The cabin was surprisingly quiet. Hyundai always includes high-end luxury touches in their vehicles. The cooling seats were an awesome luxury option.
Why Should You Consider Hyundai Tucson?
If you own a compact or sedan car and plan to upgrade because of your dog, this CUV is an option. There are several options the Tuscon offers like an ECO all wheel drive. Many Hyundai dealerships still offer a 2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited (new or used). If this type of CUV interests you, we invite you to visit your local Hyundai dealership and request for a test drive.
Visit Hyundai.com for detailed information about Hyundai Tucson.
Lots of Golden Thanks to Hyundai for a FUN Barkday San Diego weekend and allowing us to test drive the 2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited. – Sugar, Dog Friendly Car Reviewer
Have you driven a Hyundai Tuscon?