National Pet Week is here! It’s a special week to show your pet extra love and attention. National Pet Week was founded in 1981 by American Veterinary Medical Association to celebrate human-animal bond, promote responsible pet ownership and increase public awareness of veterinary medicine. Here are five fun ideas to celebrate National Pet Week with your dog.
This post is sponsored by Sleepypod®. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Sleepypod products, but Golden Woofs only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers.
8 Ways to Celebrate National Pet Week
1. Go for an extra long WALK with your dog. Always make sure your dog is wearing a tag. Treats, water, and poop bags are a must bring on your walk. Remember to be a responsible dog parent, pick up your dog’s poop – Scoop That Poop!
2. PAMPER your dog. Opt to give your dog a bath. Why? Bathing your dog is a great bonding experience.
3. Take your dog on a staycation TRIP plus a hotel stay. Many hotel chains are rolling out the green carpet to accommodate dogs.
4. Do fun OUTDOOR activities with your dog. Take your dog on a hike or go for a swim in a lake or beach. Pawsome way to expose your dog to new sights and smells.
When traveling by car, make sure your dog is safely buckled up. KORU BEAR uses Sleepypod crash tested Clickit Terrian car safety harness. Clickit Terrain is also strength tested and comfortable to use for everyday walking harness.
5. Take your dog SHOPPING. There are so many malls and stores that are now dog friendly. To be safe, you should call your local stores just to be sure they are indeed welcoming shoppers with dogs.
6. Make your dog some tasty special homemade TREATS. I made KORU BEAR a Nut n Honey Dog-Waffle treats, check our post for the recipe. By making homemade dog treats, you have complete control over the ingredients so can ensure your dog’s safety.
7. Enjoy the warmer weather, PLAY With Your Dog! Play is a great activity for you and your dog. and strengthens your bond. KORU BEAR loves to play fetch.
8. Simply RELAX with your dog. Take a day off from work and just chill and cuddle with your dog on the couch.
National Pet Week is also a day to encourage responsible pet care every day of the year. Provide PROPER CARE for your dog. It is vital, as a pet parent, to EDUCATE yourself on how to care for your dog. An annual vet exam is essential in helping your dog live long and healthy. How’s your veterinarian? An accredited AAHA veterinarian always strives to deliver excellent care. A fund or pet insurance is helpful as veterinary services can be costly to care for your dog.
How are you celebrating National Pet Week?
Remember to honor yourself too for being a loving caring, responsible pet parent.