As a dog parent, every day I’m so fortunate to experience a dog’s precious gift of unconditional love. This is one reason why National Dog Day is a special day to celebrate the great things dogs do for us.
How Did National Dog Day Start?
In 2004, Colleen Paige, a pet family lifestyle expert, and an animal rescue advocate, founded National Dog Day. It’s now celebrated annually on August 26th.
Purpose of Celebrating National Dog Day
The main purpose of celebrating National Dog Day is to raise awareness about rescue organizations, rescue dogs adoption and promote how dog ownership of all breeds makes life better. All in all, National Dog Day is a special occasion to recognize the unconditional love, loyalty, and happiness that dogs bring into our wonderful life.
Ways to Celebrate National Dog Day
I’ve shared many posts on how to celebrate National Dog Day with your dog. My favorite features are our Angel SUGAR from 2015 – 5 Ways to Celebrate National Dog Day.
Without a doubt, a fun best way to celebrate is by taking a photo of your pup and sharing your dog’s heart-warming stories on social media. Hopefully, these thoughtfully curated National Dog Day quotes and captions help share your cherished moments with your furry love.
Happy National Dog Day Wishes Dog Captions
Dog Love’s Captions
1. Unconditional love comes in the form of a wagging tail.
2. Dog’s love is the epitome of unmatched love and loyalty.
3. A dog’s love is a source of unconditional happiness.
4. Dogs bring out the best in us, teaching us to love unconditionally.
5. A dog’s love is a symphony of loyalty, trust, and companionship.
6. A dog’s love is a constant in an ever-changing world.
7. The only person who loves you more than they love themselves: your dog.
8. Every dog has a special place in our hearts.
9. Dogs: the epitome of unconditional love and pure happiness.
10. A dog’s eyes speak the language of love without saying a word.
11. Dogs teach us selflessness, love, and the art of living in the present.
12. Dogs: the heartbeat at our feet.
13. A dog’s love: a language understood by the heart.
14. In a world where love can be complex, a dog’s love is beautifully simple.
15. Dog’s love is fur-real and unconditional.
16. Dogs fill our lives with wagging tails and boundless love.
17. The magic of a dog’s love – loving us when we’re happy or sad.
18. A dog’s love knows no bounds; it’s a treasure beyond measure.
19. Finding joy in the simplest things – just like a dog’s love does.
20. Dogs: a reminder that love can be expressed without words.
21. In the world of love, a dog’s heart is a shining example.
22. A dog’s love is the purest form of affection you’ll ever experience.
23. From tail wags to soulful eyes, dogs have a thousand ways to show their love.
24. Love comes in all shapes and sizes – and sometimes, it has a wagging tail.
25. Dogs have a way of finding the cracks in our hearts and filling them with love.
26. A dog’s love teaches us that the best things in life are often the simplest.
27. Dogs teach us the true meaning of love.
Famous Dog Quotes
28. Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. – Roger Caras
29. A warm puppy is the best comfort on a cold day. – Charles M. Schulz
30. Everything I know I learned from dogs – Nora Roberts
31. Every dog must have his day – Jonathan Swift
32. A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself – Josh Billings
33. I think dogs are the most amazing creatures, they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive. – Gilda Radner
34. The bond with a true dog is a lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be. – Konrad Lorenz
35. Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really. – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
36. Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, and filling an emptiness we didn’t ever know we had. – Thom Jones
37. Be the person your dog thinks you are. – C.J. Frick
38. The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog. – M.K. Clinton
39. Everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong. – Unknown
40. Love is a four-legged word. – Unknown
Other Dog Quotes
41. In the eyes of a dog, you are the center of their universe.
42. A dog’s companionship turns a boring day into an adventure.
43. Dogs remind us that joy can be found in the simplest of things.
44. The positive energy a dog brings is unparalleled.
45. The more people I meet, the more I love my dog.
46. Dogs make our lives wonderful in ways we can’t imagine.
47. Dogs bring out the best in us, making us better people.
48. In the constellation of life, dogs are the stars that shine the brightest.
49. Dogs remind us that lots of happiness is measured in tail wags.
50. Celebrate and appreciate your dog’s unconditional love and unmatched loyalty.
Have a wonderful time capturing special moments with your furry best friend.
Explore more dog captions for your dog photos,
we invite you to visit our dedicated Dog Captions Page.