Watermelon is the most popular Summer fruit. It’s a refreshing fruit treat you can share with your dog. Elevate the taste by making this Watermelon Pizza For Dogs with Berry Cheesy Yogurt Toppings. Your dog will definitely love this delightful Summer treat.
Why You’ll Love Making This Recipe?
For the past years, Watermelon Pizza has evolved due to the popularity of watermelon as a refreshing Summer fruit and the many creative chefs and enthusiastic cooks.
Actually, I’ve made Watermelon Pizza many times but not for my dogs.
So, not only your will dog love this recipe, but you’ll also have fun making it. There are so many options for Making Watermelon Pizza specifically for your dog.
5 Reasons You Will Love Making Watermelon Pizza For Your Dog
1. This Watermelon Pizza is easy to make, in less than 10 minutes. You simply slice the watermelon and add the dog-safe toppings such as yogurt, berries, and beef & cheese food topper.
2. Chances are, you already have all these ingredients you need in your fridge.
3. It’s a pawsome way to excite your dog. Your dog’s palate will be delighted by the different flavor combo of the watermelon, yogurt, berries, and beef & cheese food topper.
4. On your Summer barbecue gathering, for sure you’ll be serving watermelon to your guest. One way to include your dog in the celebration is by making this delicious Watermelon Pizza.
5. Making this special watermelon treat is a sweet fun way to express your love to your dog.
Elevate the flavor by adding dog-safe sprinkles like the ones I use – Dog Food Toppers Beef & Cheese by Bocce’s Treats.
Watermelon Pizza For Dogs with Berry Cheesy Yogurt Toppings: 4 Simple Ingredients + Dog Food Topper
Watermelon is a good source of Vitamin C and beta-carotene. As a treat, watermelon can help keep your dog hydrated, especially during the dog days of Summer.
It is a delightful, refreshing, and hydrating summer fruit, making it an ideal base for creating tasty treats for your dog.
Keep in mind to feed your dog watermelon in moderation. Due to watermelon’s high fiber content, feeding your dog an excessive amount could lead to digestive upset.
Also, watermelon seeds and rind can pose a choking hazard and cause intestinal blockages. So, it is crucial to remove all the seeds and the rind before serving your dog.
Plain Yogurt :
Yes, your dog can eat yogurt. Yogurt contains calcium and protein, which are beneficial for your dog’s digestive system.
In the FAQs below, find out the best type of yogurt to use for your dog.
Yes, your dog can safely enjoy strawberries, just like many other fruits. These delightful superfood berries contain various vitamins, such as Vitamin C, and nutrients that offer several health benefits.
Blueberries are another superfood your dog can safely enjoy. These bite-sized fruit treats are low in calories and packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Bocce’s Beef & Cheese Dog Food Toppers :
To elevate the taste of the Watermelon Pizza, I sprinkled some of Bocce’s dog food toppers, which is flavored with beef & cheese. This food topper for dogs is made of 100% real ingredients, including beef broth, dried cheese, carrot powder, oat flour, and flax.
My golden retrievers love Bocce’s treats, which are made in the USA, baked in small batches, and use only “human-grade” ingredients.
As An Amazon Associates, Golden Woofs earns from qualifying purchases. Golden Thanks for your support
How To Make Watermelon Pizza For Dogs with Berry Cheesy Yogurt Toppings
Gather all the ingredients. For convenience, it is easier to use a small watermelon for this recipe; plus the “pizza” slices will be smaller too (a better size option for your dog).
1. Take your watermelon and make a big, round slice.
2. Place the round watermelon on a cutting board.
3. Use a pizza cutter or knife to slice the round watermelon into “pizza” slices.
** I made the mistake of not removing the watermelon rind before adding the toppings. So at this time, I recommend also removing the watermelon rind.
4. To make the first layer of toppings, spread the plain yogurt evenly over the top of the watermelon.
5. Top with strawberries, blueberries, and dog food topper like Bocce’s Beef & Cheese Food Toppers.
6. You can serve it as is or it’s fun to serve it chilled (freeze it for an hour) = It’s Frosty Watermelon Pizza. You can store the rest in the freezer for 1-2 days.
FAQs: Watermelon Pizza For Dogs
What type of watermelon should you use?
You can use seedless red or yellow watermelon.
In this post Red and Yellow Watermelon Pops, I shared 5 Watermelon Facts.
What type of yogurt should you use?
Plain or non-fat plain without any sweeteners or preservatives is the best kind of yogurt to give to your dog.
Greek yogurt is good too as long as it is plain and unflavored. My dog loves the creamy texture of Greek yogurt.
Make sure to always check the ingredients when serving yogurt to your dog.
Also, keep in mind that serve yogurt as a treat only and should be no more than ten percent of your dog’s daily caloric intake
What other fruits you can add as toppings?
You can use other dog-safe fruits like apples, bananas, kiwis, raspberries, and cantaloupe.
What other dog-safe toppers you can use?
As an alternative to using dog food toppers, you can use a crumbled dog treat to sprinkle on the Watermelon Pizza.
How to store leftover dog Watermelon Pizza?
You can store the rest of the Watermelon Pizza in the freezer for 1-2 days. If you store it in the fridge, the topping gets watery.
Woofs For More Dog Friendly Watermelon Dog Treats
If you love this Watermelon Pizza For Dogs with Berry Cheesy Yogurt Toppings recipe, I’ve got some more watermelon dog treat recipes for you to enjoy to make for your dog.
Watermelon Pops For You and Your Dog
Watermelon Banana Honey Popsicle
Heart Minted Watermelon Pops for Fresh Dog Breath
Yellow and Red Watermelon Pops
Watermelon Blueberry Popsicle
Blueberry & Watermelon Frosty Dog Treats
If you make any of our recipes, let us know by tagging us on our social accounts.