Fireworks are fun for humans but can be very frightening for pets.
Below, Fireworks are SCARY Infographic, are some tips to keep your pet safe and cared for during July 4th fireworks.
4th of July is the most celebrate summer holiday. Many are celebrating by having family gatherings, going to fairs/parades and watching festivities that include fireworks.
Celebrating 4th of July is fun for you and your family, but potentially scary for your pets.
Keep your pets safe this 4th of july.
5 Safety Tips To Keep Your Pets SAFE on Fourth of July
Lots of Golden Thanks to Petco for providing us these information
If you need further assistance on how to calm your pets on 4th of July, attend Petco’s Anxiety and Calming Seminar. It is a free seminar this weekend June 28-29 at 2p.m., check your local Petco stores. For more information on creating a safe and fun summer experience, visit Petco.com/Summer.
For the past weeks, I’ve heard lots of unusual noises.
First, we had so much rain with thunder and lots of Boom Boom noises.
Secondly, many men have invaded my backyard and lots of heavy equipment made loud noises.
I am not very happy. My backyard time has been limited and loud noises have disturbed my Golden peaceful naps.
What does my mom do to make me feel good?
1) Making sure I am in a Safe Place in the house. When I hear unusual noises, I like being upstairs and under the office table. Since I am free to roam around the house, mom encourages me that it is okay to be on my bed where I can lie on my favorite blankie.
2) Even though all the doors and windows are closed I can still hear noises. Mom plays calming MUSIC such as instrumental/ classical. Sometimes, she leaves the TV on.
3) Mom provides me a special banana Kong treat in which serves as a DISTRACTION for a couple minutes.
4) Mom lights up calming Scented Candles/Oils. She uses a Lavender scent. It surely calms me down and puts me to sleep.
5) Nothing beats the magic of TOUCH. Lots of Caressing from mom are the best.
4th of July celebration is this Thursday. The above methods my mom used to make me feel good can definitely be used if your dog fears the sounds of 4th of July celebration.
Lots of Golden L♥VE n Woofs
I must admit I don’t do well with bright lights and loud booms. It is very frightening to me. For the past few nights, I’ve been hearing loud booms from the golf course across the street. I usually go to a “tight” space and cover my ears. My ears hurt from the sound such that I scratched too hard and had to go to the doctor to check it out.