Today, I was sadden to hear about another passing of a friend. My fellow agility friend BJ passed away. She was 11 year old golden retriever and her cancer got a toll on her life. The fondest memories I remember of BJ’s was the constant friendliness and wagging tail. One would never know her underlying bout with cancer. I know that it is very difficult to loose your pet, best friend. I would like to extend the following advise and tips:
- Allow yourself (family) to mourn the loss of your pet.
- Tell your friends and family about your loss. However, be prepared for some very different reactions. There will be some who would think you’re odd for mourning the loss of your pet. Try to talk to someone who understands.
- Remember by doing something in memory of your pet. (blogs, photos, stories …)
- Move on … You will have good days and very bad days. Eventually, good days will gradually increase and for sure you will be left with great memories of your pet.
- Find a comfort from your pets. Just keep in mind that pets are very sensitive to human emotions. Do try to contain your grief when around your other pets. Be happy for your pet’s life.
- Don’t be afraid to get a new pet right away. A new pet brings laughter and smile … even if it is the last thing you feel doing. However, keep in mind that every pet is different. You can not compare your old pet to your new pet. You will always remember your old pet’s memories and nothing can take its place.
- Find comfort on internet sites and organization:
- www.aplb.org Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement Website
- www.in-memory-of-pets.com In Memory of Pets
- www.petloss.com Pet Loss
Hope this is helpful and comforting at the same time.
Woof! To Everyone. Happy Friday! The snow storm finally ended. However, as much as I love to play in the snow, it is just too cold (-22F because of the windchill). I enjoyed being indoors and was able to catch-up on my blogging. First, I would like to extend my sincere sympathies to Addie and family for your loss of Zoe. Reading your post made me sad. For sure Zoe will be missed but his memories will last forever. Secondly, I was glad to hear that Destiny is feeling better and having a great day being a Queen. Lastly, I would like to compliment everyone who made changes on their blog design. You guys did a great job. Have a wonderful weekend!