Trick or TREAT!
Planning on taking your dog Trick or Treating,
here are 5 Safety Tips …
REMEMBER: Halloween Candy Dangers To Pets
Golden Happy to co-host Black n White Sunday Blog Hop with Dachshund Nola.
Have a PAWsome FUN Sunday!
Halloween is fun and exciting for kids and adults but it can be stressful and scary for many dogs.
Many dogs are not comfortable wearing costumes.
Respect your dog and forgo the idea of putting on a costume.
Other ways to accessorize your dog: wear a Halloween collar, tie or bow tie from BW Barkery
Do you have plans taking your dog trick or treating? Here are
I love making seasonal treats for Sugar. I enjoy looking for baking and freezing molds. This Halloween, I’ll be making Sugar ice pops and frosty treats.
Our friends from Clear Conscience Pet sent Sugar Halloween treats: a bag of Chicken Slider and Super Gravy.
I made some Ice Pops with Super Gravy. Clear Conscience Super Gravy is an instant holistic gravy mix, a new way to make any pet food taste much better.
Ingredient: 1 scoop of Super Gravy with 3-5 tablespoons of warm water
Pour into an ice mold then freeze it. Add the ice pops into your dog’s meal or water.
A Pet Safety Reminder to Pet Parents: Keep your pets away from Halloween candy.
1) Xylitol – Many Halloween candies contain xylitol, an artificial sweeter. It is harmful and can be fatal to your dog’s health. It causes a sudden release of insulin in the dog’s body that leads to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Xylitol can also cause liver damage in dogs. Xylitol toxicity can occur in as few as 30 minutes after ingestion. For cats, feline toxicity is unknown.
2) Theobromine – Chocolate is one of the most common causes of pet poisoning. Chocolate contains theobromine, a chemical that is toxic to pets especially when ingested in large quantities. Unlike humans, pets body cannot break down the toxic compound found in chocolate.Chocolates are poisonous to pets.
According to ASPCA Poison Control “as little as 20 ounces of milk chocolate or 2 ounces of baking chocolate can cause problems for a 10 pound dog.”
3)Wrappers – Candy wrappers are extremely dangerous to pets. Ingestion of candy foil wraps or cellophane wrappers can cause choking. It can also cause intestinal obstruction, which often requires surgical intervention. Pets have super sense of smell, make sure not to leave any Halloween candies within reach of your pets.
If you suspect your pet has ingested Halloween candy, seek immediate help. Call your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435.
Lots of Golden Thanks.
Happy Tasty Tuesday!
Blog Hop Ended