Last Saturday, February 20th, was National Love Your Pet Day. It’s a special day to give your pets extra pampering attention. It’s also a special weekend celebrating Sugar’s 5th-week of recovery from a splenectomy. How did we celebrate? We took Sugar on a dog friendly Los Angeles and Beverly Hills weekend adventure.
5 Ways to Enjoy Los Angeles & Beverly Hills With Your Dog
1. Stay at a Dog Friendly Hotel – Since we are a Starwood member, Sugar is very lucky to experience dog’s life as an “SPG dog.” We stayed at W Los Angeles – West Beverly Hills. W Hotels are boutique hotels and known for their unique settings with upscale accommodations.
W Los Angeles – West Beverly Hills provided superb dog friendly accommodations. Sugar enjoyed the bananas delivered by room service. The dog friendly restaurant “The Backyard” provided a lovely setting while we dined and relaxed. Sugar loved the comfy bed too.
2. Shop at Dog-friendly Market & Mall – There are many dog friendly places in Los Angeles that accommodate dogs. We visited two of the most popular tourist attractions.
a) The Original Farmers Market – What an amazing dog friendly farmers market. To learn more about the history, watch this video narrated by 4th generation Gilmore Family members. The Gilmore Family owns and operates The Original Farmers Market, an Los Angeles landmark since 1934.
Visit The Dog Bakery – In the Farmers Market, Sugar visited The Dog Bakery. For Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day, they sent several tasty treats to Sugar and had to say hello. What a cute dog bakery shop and pawsome place to have a Golden Meet-up. Sugar was happy to meet Facebook Golden Pal Addy.
b) Shop at The Grove, located next to the Farmers Market. It is a prominent place to shop and enjoy the attraction. The Grove is super dog-friendly. Most of the stores allow dogs to shop with their owner, and some even have containers of dog treats by the door.
3. Stroll Famous Landmarks, Parks & Street
a) Walk the Beverly Gardens, a 1.9-mile linear park, featuring the Beverly Hills Sign. The 40-foot long Beverly Hills Sign is one of the most photographed spots.
b) Photo Opp at Beverly Hills Hotel sign. Beverly Hills Hotel is located on Sunset Boulevard in Beverly Hills. It is one of the world’s most iconic and best-known Hollywood hotels. We were told that the rooms in the Beverly Hotel are in the peachy pink and green colors, a design trademark of the hotel.
c) Will Rogers Memorial Park, formerly Sunset Park, is located across from the Beverly Hills Hotel. In 1926, entertainer Will Rogers was appointed first “Honorary Mayor” of Beverly Hills. The City of Beverly Hills renamed the park in 1952 to honor Will Rogers.
d) Stroll Rodeo Drive, known as the intersection of luxury, fashion and entertainment – Many dogs are welcome to stroll and window shop the famous Beverly Hills street, Rodeo Drive. Some stores welcome dogs. Rodeo Drive is where the rich & famous do their shopping. Golden Love the GUCCI building, “bathed in linear hues of gold and black.”
4. Visit a Posh Pet Store in Beverly Hills – Sugar visited Pussy and Pooch, an upscale pet lifestyle center – not your typical pet store. If you want over the top dog pampering, Pussy and Pooch is the place to take your dog. The two-story, 12,000-square-foot center is built around the Pawbar Cafe. Love the pet-level dining stations, where dogs and cats get to dine a special made to order raw meat meal. Of course, Sugar had to taste test it! Pussy and Pooch is also a great doggy meet up place. We met our blog pal fashionista Sophia Loren.
5. Ride in a Dog Friendly Car – Los Angeles and Beverly Hills is about 50 miles from our current home. Due to traffic, it takes about two hours, it’s a long car ride.
A comfy ride is necessary. Our friends from Mazda provided Sugar a 2016 CX-5. Sugar had a pawsome ride to Los Angeles & Beverly Hills. It was a zoom zoom weekend Golden Adventure. Soon we will share a car review post of the Mazda CX-5. Sugar always travels safely with her sleepypod pet travel harness.
There are so many places to explore dog friendly Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, count on Sugar to be back for more Golden Adventures.