You read it right, Dog walking in the mall. Mall Walking is the PAWfect alternative braving the Chicago winter when it’s just too cold outside to walk.
There’s a dog friendly mall just a short walk from where we are staying temporarily.
It’s The Shops at North Bridge Mall located on Michigan Avenue,
but there’s multiple entrances on the side/back.
Actually, its not my first time to be in this mall.
I was here Sept 2010, click here to read my post.
Well its been 3 years, a lot has changed. Yes, sadly the doggie bakery no longer exists.
But the mall installed a cookie station. Check this out … how cool.
Mom was not sure of the ingredients of the cookies and due to my allergies I can’t have one 😐
I visited several shops. Of course one of them was the Chicago shop.
Many of the workers/shoppers were very pleasant and respectful.
Even the general mall workers were very happy to see me. They seem to be so used to seeing dogs in the mall walking. The family area is also pet friendly as it decorated by various pet art.
Yes, I wore my purple pawz boots and noticed many shoppers stared at me.
Just in case you plan to do mall walking, I like to share some etiquette.
1) Just like walking outdoors (sidewalk/park), your dog must know/master the command of HEAL.
2) At all times, make your dog walk along with you. Don’t allow your dog to walk in front or ahead of you.
3) Use the proper collar/harness and best to use a shorter leash. We use a 21″ leather leash.
4) Walk on the right path/direction. No running on the walking path.
5) Your dog may draw attention to others, make sure your dog knows and/or mastered the sit/stay command.
6) When inside the store (shopping), keep an eye of your dog. Be mindful of what stores to go and what goods to purchase.
7) Before walking in the mall, make sure your dog has relieved themselves. Make sure to always bring a poop bag and some wipes just in case your dog has an accident in the mall.
8) If there’s a food court in the mall, be respectful and avoid taking your dog to that area.
I had a PAWsome time mall walking. I suggest that you check your local malls if they allow dogs.
Lots of Golden L♥VE n Woofs
I’m joining this post to Monday Mischief for those shoppers stared at me …
I think they whispered some words too about my purple pawz.