Heathy Pets are Happy Pets
What brings joy to your pet’s life?
How about the extra attention you provided and special moments you shared. These also bring you joy as a pet parent. What are these extra attention and special moments? You may not know it but you are already doing what makes your pet happy.
4 Ways to Make your Pet Happy
1) PLAYTIME and Toys – Play is important in a pet’s life. It is crucial that play be included in your pet’s everyday life.
Here are 7 Playtime Tips for Happy Pets
1. Provide fun stimulating toys for your pet.
2. Toys are more fun when played together, with you and your pet.
3. One of the best toys for both you and your dog is a tennis ball, Sugar’s favorite ball. A tennis ball is perfectly sized for most dogs, its soft and chewy. The best part is when thrown down it bounces as your dog tries to retrieve it.
4. Keep in mind when choosing the right toy for your pet, avoid ones that are small enough for your pet to swallow.
5. Use stimulating pet toys like ones that squeak, which many dogs and cats enjoy.
6. Pets get bored with their toys, don’t put all of your pet’s toys out at once. It’s good to alternate pet toys to keep your pet interested and stimulated.
7. Playtime is a great opportunity for your pet to get a treat.
2) TREATS – Getting a tasty healthy treat is Sugar’s favorite “extra attention.” Sugar typically gets a reward treat for a good behavior or from doing a “trick”. Trick first before a treat. As a pet parent, try to use “treats” as an opportunity for your pet to learn something new or reinforce some old knowledge.
Brands like Hill’s Science Diet offers a variety of all-natural cat treats and dog treats with no corn, artificial colors/flavors. Hills offers several soft, crunchy and chewy training treats for cats and dogs. These treats feature balanced nutrition that pet parents can feel confident in giving their pet. These treats provide a tasty way to bond with your pet and are a perfect opportunity to give them something healthy, while reinforcing good behavior or a training reward.
A well groomed pet is a healthier and happier pet.
3) GROOMING – Pets favor cleanliness too. Grooming your pet must be a daily ritual. Getting brushed is Sugar’s favorite grooming time. Brushing your pet’s coat reduces shedding, keeps their coat clean and healthy. Dental care is also important for happy pets smiles.
Clean Pets Make for Healthy Happy Pets.
4) Pampered Gifts – There are essential pet products that you can pamper your pets with, like a new collar. It does not have to be boring, adding a little pizzaz on the fabric design is fun. Collars are important for pets to wear with their tags to prevent them from being lost. Providing your pet a comfortable bed is a worthwhile splurge. It’s a great investment for your happy pet’s sweet dreams.
1) Hill’s Pet Nutrition is helping pet parents by giving away $100 towards a vet checkup, every day for 90 days. To enter, simply go to Hills Pet Healthy Pets Happy Life, ends 9/30/14.
2) Hill’s Pet Nutrition is offering a $10 off promotion on select Hill’s Science Diet products. Check Here to download the rebate.
Healthy Pets, Happy Pets: Hills Science Diet Giveaway
Hills is providing two of our readers/fans dog and cat “little extras” bundle of goodies.
Laser pointer toy , Stainless steel cat bowl , 8 micro cans of Hill’s Science Diet Grain Free, Healthier Pets, Happier Lives tote bag
Stainless steel dog bowl, Hill’s Science Diet Dental Chews , A bag of Hill’s Science Diet dog treats, Healthier Pets, Happier Lives tote bag
Don’t Just Get Happy, #GetHealthyHappy : Healthy Pets Happy Pets.
This post is sponsored by Hill’s Pet Nutrition. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Hill’s® Science Diet® Healthier Pets. Happier Lives.TM, but Golden Woofs only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.