January 24th is Change a Pet’s Life Day!
Change a Pet’s Life Day began in 2009 to encourage shelter pet adoption and spreading awareness to the many homeless pets in the US. In 2015, 1-800-PetMeds Cares™ introduced the Change A Pet’s Life Contest to help homeless pets get the life-changing medical treatment they needed to be adoptable.
Golden Woofs is a consumer of 1-800-PetMeds, America’s Largest Pet Pharmacy. I am helping to spread the word about their Change A Pet’s Life 2017 Contest. 1-800-PetMeds Cares is celebrating by helping three adoptable pets in need of medical and surgical treatments.
2016 Winner: English bulldog Regina from the National Mill Dog Rescue
Regina was a puppy mill breeder for the entirety of her life before she was rescued by NMDR. At 4-years-old, she had produced litter after litter of puppies. Regina was handed over to the NMDR for some much-needed love and medical care (dental work, hernia repairs, mammary tumor removal and spay surgery).
The Change A Pet’s Life Contest grant from 1-800-PetMeds Cares™ paid for a second surgical hernia repair and the additional care Regina required. Regina is very lucky. She has fully recovered and has been adopted.
1-800-PetMeds Cares Change A Pet’s Life 2017 Contest
How To Enter
1) Submission Period: January 9-15 will be open to all U.S. Animal Shelters and Rescue Groups that adopt out dogs and/or cats and have not won a 1-800-PetMeds Cares™ contest within the last year (1/9/16-1/8/17)
2) Visit PetMeds Change A Pet’s Life Contest Page https://www.petmeds.org/change-a-pets-life-contest-2017/
3) Fill out the form and submit an adoptable pet in need of medical treatment. SUBMIT a PHOTO and a brief STORY; describing how the pet got to the rescue group and how the surgery or treatment will change this pet’s life.
1) Contest is hosted on https://www.petmeds.org/change-a-pets-life-contest-2017/
2) 1-800-PetMeds Cares are requesting that all entries to be completed by representatives of the shelter/ rescue group. This will ensure correct information and will prevent multiple entries from one group.
· Jan 18-24: Voting opens! Anyone 18 or older can vote once a day by visiting the contest link. Help change a pet’s life by voting every day!
· Winners are announced on the contest webpage
· 1st place: PetMeds will cover the pet’s surgery/medical treatments up to $2,000 plus a video of the rescue group and pet, to be featured on the PetMeds website and social media sites
· 2nd place: PetMeds will cover the pet’s surgery/medical treatments up to $1,000
· 3rd place: PetMeds will-will cover the pet’s surgery/medical treatments up to $500
All prizes will be paid directly to the veterinarians/animal hospitals overseeing the winning pets’ care.
Ask Your Animal Shelter and Rescue Group to JOIN
Don’t miss 1-800-PetMeds Change A Pet’s Life 2017 Contest! Help an adoptable pet. Inform and encourage your animal shelter and rescue group to participate in this pawsome contest. Visit the contest page at https://www.petmeds.org/change-a-pets-life-contest-2017/