Today marks the 7th-month since we officially adopted KORU BEAR. His adoption is unexpected but so grateful to have another Golden Love. Here are five things about KORU BEAR …
New Life KORU BEAR A Gift from An Angel
1. KORU means “new life“, a name we added to his given name BEAR.
His name was inspired by the ‘swirl or spiral pattern” on our logo’s background design. From Wikipedia, “koru (Māori for “loop”) is a spiral shape based on the shape of a new unfurling silver fern frond and symbolizing new life, growth, strength, and peace.”
2. When Angel SUGAR moved to California, the first Golden she met was KORU BEAR’s mom – Raven, an English Cream Golden Retriever.
3. The first six months of KORU BEAR’s life, he was raised by Colby from Puppy In Training to be a service dog for the Guide Dog of America.
4. Among his litter mates, KORU BEAR was the only one that did not pass the “umbrella temperament test,” but he surpassed the “retrieval temperament.”
5. At six months old, KORU BEAR’s trait as a cautious dog and having difficulty adjusting to different situations caused his change of career … Our promise to puppy raiser Colby is to provide KORU BEAR a new purpose in life – to bring love and smiles to others as a therapy dog.
This year, KORU BEAR is our new life gift of love especially after losing angel SUGAR our, one of a kind Golden Love. Looking forward to sharing more of Koru Bear’s life and adventure in the new year 2018.
Posted last May 31st …
Beverly Maloy says
You sure are blessed to have a dog like Koru Bear! I love him and wish that I could give him a hug!
Noel Toal says
I love, love Koru Bear. I’m so glad he has been there to give you lots of love♡
Kinley Westie says
Koru Bear are such a cutie!
Happy 7 months, Koru Bear! We’re proud of everything you and your family have done this year! All the best to you and have a great 2018!
Morrie Major says
Koru Bear brings so much joy to your family I can tell!
And what a wonderful addition – wishing you lots of joy for 2018,
Your good friend Morrie 🙂
I wish God’s blessings on you in this new year as you work with your new angel Koru Bear and I know you will both bring much happiness to others this year.
Shadow and Ducky's Mom says
I am so glad that Angel Sugar sent Koru Bear to you! She knew how much you needed new Golden love and somehow knew how much KB needed you as well. Looking forward to more of KB’s adventure stories. Happy New Year to all of you!!
Barbara Husbands says
What a beautiful baby! I know he will bring love and blessings to all.
Retrievers Sophie and Elwood says
We love beautiful Koru Bear and it’s fun to find out new and interesting things about him.
May St. Francis look down on you and Bear for many, many years to come! All the best in the world to you both~