Following orders from Sugar … Time to Take a Break!
We are traveling this week and taking a short blogging break. I will soon share Sugar’s Phoenix travel adventure. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to see some of her photos.
2015 passed by so quickly. There were so many exciting things that happened to us last year. Our big move to Southern California was exciting especially for Sugar. She enjoyed two long road trips from Chicago to Southern California. Sugar is loving the life of a SoCal dog, sunshine plus dog-friendly beaches. Our big move kept me very busy but so grateful for all the amazing opportunities that came my way.
5 Golden Woofs Highlights in 2015
4) FitFoodie San Diego Ambassador – I love good food and being healthy too. Sugar has been my pawsome running buddy. I was so honored to be selected as an ambassador.
Our Tasty Treat Recipe page continues to be the most visited page. Read our previous post to view 15 Most Popular Dog Treat Recipes in 2015.
Pinterest is the least social media I use but many ‘pin’ our photos. For 2015, Search Engine (Google) and Pinterest are our top 2 referrer sites.
In 2015, I continued to be actively engaged in social media specifically Twitter. I love the instant response and gratification that someone is actually reading my tweets. It’s also interesting to know that some of our Twitter followers take the time and read our previous tweets. Also, it seems that my tweets drew curiosity to other tweeters, approximately 4500/month visited our blog from our Twitter profile. I learned a lot about the way I tweet (and schedule tweets) when a sudden (unexpected) spike of impression occurred during the weekend of our road trip back to SoCal. As a Twitter influencer, this occurrence was a great learning experience.
Instagram continues to be my favorite social media. I love taking photos of Sugar and Instagram is a great media for sharing it. During the Summer of 2015, I spent a lot on Instagram. I learned that Instagram is more than a fun, photo-based social network. Instagram algorithm continues to change, so it’s always a learning process. Did you know? “Instagram has 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook and 68% of Instagrammers engage with brands regularly.” Here are our 5 most likes Instagram of 2015.
Our service/product feature post, Get Your Dog Pampered at #PetSmartGrooming was #1 viewed post. There were several curated magazine style website that featured our post. This post was published on November 2, 2015 and the end of the year page view was over 8,000.
Our Dog Health post continues to be popular. Here are Golden Woofs Top 10 Dog Health Posts in 2015.
1. How To Keep Your Dog Calm During Thunderstorms and Fireworks
2. Threat Of Canine Influenza
3. 10 Must Know About Canine Influenza
4. 5 Winter Care Tips For Your Dog
5. Infographic: 5 Walking Tips With Your Dog
6. Dry or Canned Dog Food: Which Is better For Your Dog?
7. Tips For Bathing Your Dog
8. TIPS: Keep Pets Happy and Safe During the Summer Months
9. Animal-Assisted Therapy: Is Medicine Going to the Dogs?
10. Urinary Tract Infections: UTIs in Dogs
Plans for 2016
My major plan for 2016 is to concentrate on my second book. I am happy to share that I was offered to write a dog treat cookbook. It’s a big thing, and I am very excited!
Sugar and I we are grateful to be partnering with several new brands. I’m looking forward to being an active Instagram Influencer. We have some exciting partnerships.
Many Golden Thanks to all of you. Special thanks to our long time followers/readers. We enjoy blogging and thankful for the wonderful special friendship. Special Woofs to our buddy Oz the Terrier. We are looking forward collaborating several blog posts and social media promotion with Oz the Terrier.
Woofs to 2016 Blogging
Golden Woofs team officially moved from Illinois to California (SoCal).
Sugar loves it and looking forward to her beach adventures.
This weekend, Kia Motors is providing Sugar a vehicle to attend 2015 Surf Dog Competition in San Diego. We are attending as a spectator and blogger media for Unleashed by Petco. We plan to share the event via our social media, and going to try Periscope for the first time. Make sure to follow us.
Reminder: Sugar’s 14th Barkday Celebration blog hop on Monday, August 10th.
We will have giveaways from PetSmart.
* We are very behind on our blog reading and commenting, we will try our best to catch-up this weekend. *
Latest Golden Woofs Buzz!
* Three more weekends and we are off to our new home, SoCal. We are in our final stage of packing and preparing for our long road trip. We will continue to post but most likely unable to comment (which we struggled for the past months).
Here are snippets of July posts:
* Monday 7/6, we have a sponsored event post and giveaway from Petsmart.
* Friday 7/10, on our See Beautiful post, Sugar’s 14th Barkday SMILE Hop celebration countdown begins.
* If you’ve been a follower of our blog, you know that we have a shop, Sugar’s Paw House. We took a very long break, but we are re-opening our on-line shop as part of Golden Woofs. Sugar’s Paw House is known for handmade, 100% cotton dog collars, using unique fabrics. Sugar is wearing one of our current fabric design, Bee Buzz. We are also adding dog collar accessories like bow ties and flowers. If you wish to pre-order, just send us an email. On Wednesday 7/8, we are so excited to share our new second product. Clue: it will make you smile 🙂
* Lots of pawsome July giveaways. Make sure you Subscribe to our Golden Woofs Newsletter. On Sunday 7/12, we have an exclusive giveaway for our subscribers only. Also, we are having giveaways from Barkworthies, Road Runner Sports, Peace Love Paws and PetSafe. Meow to our cat friends, we have a cat July 18th giveaway too.
* There will be no Sugar’s Car Review July post. We are scheduled to travel to San Diego in August for 2015 Unleashed by Petco Surf Competition and hope to acquire a car to use and review.
* Lastly, since we are preparing for another road trip, we plan to post pet travel safety tips and share a special information from Subaru.
Golden Happy to co-host Black n White Sunday Blog Hop with Dachshund Nola.
Have a PAWsome FUN Sunday!
2014 was a very good year for Golden Woofs. Many great opportunities came our way and we are grateful for your continued support.
2014 was a year we actively engaged in social media. (It was early 2013 when we added social media on blog posts and re-activated our social media accounts.) Many of our posts were shared and photos pinned on Pinterest. We gained many new readers and followers this year. Thanks to Google and Pinterest for being our top 2 referrer sites. Instagram is our favorite social media and met many Golden Retriever lovers.
Here’s a our 2014 Top Instagram Posts.
We introduced dog health posts in 2013 and continued to be popular posts in 2014.
Here our Top 10 Dog Health Posts in 2014.
1) ThunderShirt Natural Remedy To Alleviate Dog’s Anxiety
2) Leptospirosis In Dogs
3) 7 Tips to Keep Your Senior Dog Healthy and Happy
4) 3 Important Myths About Fleas and Ticks #Seresto
5) 7 Safety Tips: Prevent Your Dog From Getting Lost
6) 3 Ways To Show Your Pet Love | Redefine Love #HillsPet
7) 3 Simple Steps To Healthy Pets #GetHealthyHappy
8) 5 Ways To Celebrate National Dog Day
9) Say NO To Dental Disease, Brush Your Dog’s Teeth
10) Tennis Ball Cupcakes Dog Game
Special Thanks to …
1) I Love Dog Site for recognizing our Frosty Yogurt Berries Bone Parfait as 2014 Best Dog Treat Recipes on the Internet.
2) Hello Giggles for featuring our Watermelon Pop For You and Your Dog
3) Dog Fancy:February 2015 issue for featuring our Salmon Carrot Bone Oats on page 20
4) Huffington for adding Sugar’s Balancing Trick post
Product Reviews are something we enjoy doing but it can be time consuming. In 2013 we revamped the way we review products. We received great results and many brands recognized us. We thank all the brands/pr that we worked with in 2014. PetBox monthly review posts were the most popular. Special Thanks to PetBox! Sugar is proud to be a PetBox SpokesDoggy. For 2015, we will continue to only review/recommend products that are healthy and beneficial.
My photography skills have improved and many thanks to Sugar, my inspiration. Our post 5 Photography Tips: Taking Photos of Dark Colored Dogs featuring our buddy Oz The Terrier was a very popular post in 2014. I plan to continue to share photography tips as a pet parent that loves to take photos for her dog.
Golden Woofs Plans for 2015
We started 2015 with a new blog layout and revised logo. Due to time, I decided to seek “coding” help from a designer friend. I’m not done customizing the home layout and pages. There are a few more changes I want to implement. One of them is adding e-commerce, featuring our shop Sugar’s Paw House.
We hope you are enjoying browsing our blog with the new layout.
We are excited to be partnering with several new brands this year. Make sure you join our newsletter as we plan to do some giveaways exclusively only for our subscribers.
We are enjoying Southern California and so happy it is very dog-friendly. We have lots of Golden Tours: dog-friendly adventures and travels to share in 2015.
As always, we are grateful that many of you embraced the changes on our blog for the past 6 years. Special thanks to our long time followers/readers. We enjoy blogging and thankful for the wonderful special friendship.
I wish there’s more time in a day. As much as I want to spend more time blogging and engaging in social media, tending to family which includes Sugar is my priority. I started this blog for fun so taking a blog break from time to time is very important.