It’s been 295 days since I’ve enjoyed the beauty of Maui, HI. As many of you can guess, my favorite is the OCEAN. Maui has hundreds of beaches, black sand, golden sand, red sand and white sand. These beaches are excellent for swimming and other water sports like snorkeling, surfing, stand up paddle, and windsurfing. Many of these beaches are also great for just hanging out. I’ve visited many of these beaches. My (loud) WOOF WOOF became my peeps indicator if the beach has passed my Golden Satisfaction.
I’m sharing my Top 5 Favorite Maui Beaches.
5. H.A. Baldwin Beach Park: The first white sand beach I visited. It is located in Paia, North Shore Maui known for its wave. You can just imagine when I saw the ocean for the very first time … Golden Zoomies. I tackled the waves immediately. Oh when its windy, its really WINDY.
It’s a long beach. Mom and I ran/walked the whole stretch of the beach twice. Some parts of the beach on certain times were scares of people and mom did not feel safe to continue to run/walk. Towards the end of the beach, there’s a baby lagoon and it’s red sand. It’s beautiful and of course I gave it a shot to swim but due to the sand and wind it was not fully enjoyable. My Halloween Photo Shoot was taken from this beach.
4. D.T. Fleming Beach Park: It’s actually my mom’s favorite beach. It is located on the West Side of Maui, north of the Ritz-Carlton. It’s a beach we often pass when we walk the Kapalua Trail. Usually, the waves are BIG which is good for body boarders and surfers. I’m not a fan of water accessories so no boogie boards for me. This beach is FUN just to hangout too. You’ll hear happy screams from the boogie boarders. My e-card Holiday Photo shoot was shot on this beach.
3. Kapalua Bay Beach: It was the first of Maui’s beaches to be named “America’s Best Beach” in 1991. A beautiful beach that we often pass on our walk. It is a well maintained beach which is great for snorkeling. Lots of the reef protects much of the area from high waves and strong currents. Thus, its not a good beach for me to swim. With the amazing view, we often hang out on this beach. My Shaka (Hangloose) photo was taken from this beach.
2. Ironwood Beach: Featured beach on my post Wish Granted, ChuckIt to the Test. It is a small and secluded white sand beach. Beautiful view of the island of Molokai. It can get very windy and the waves are usually high (popular for surfers and boogie boarders). Golden FUN for ME!
The waves might be high but it gets gentle as it comes to the shore.
You can just imagine the intensity of my WOOF! WOOF!
My I Believe I Can Fly photo was taken from this beach.
1. Ali’i Kahekili Nui Ahumanu Beach Park: It is also known as Kehekili Beach, Airport Beach and North Ka’anapali Beach which stretches north from the Black Rock.
My FAVORITE Beach!
The photo I entered to the MHS 2013 calendar which is also my 2013 Holiday Card was taken from this beach. It is a lively beach where many enjoy snorkeling, canoeing and stand up paddle. During the days I swim, a group of local seniors swim too
(its amazing to watch them as they swim the whole stretch, just like I do).
Fun part is when we reach the North side of the Black Rock, we always touch a rock.
WHY? I LOVE this beach … The Sand is GOLDEN!
Hope you enjoyed this post especially for those of you that are in the midst of COLD Winter.
Hope it provides you some warmth and feel a slice of the island paradise life.
If you visit Maui make sure to check out these beaches.
Hope you enjoyed another edition of Sugar’s Golden Tours, Beaches of Maui
Visit my Golden Tours Page to check out previous posts.
Lots of Golden L♥VE n Woofs